SUMMARY OF POSITION
The VDC Coordinator will report to the Virtual Design & Construction Manager. Leads and manages all BIM-related processes to a project(s). Creates, acquires, reviews, distributes, and coordinates 3-dimensional Building Information Models. Works as part of a project team to facilitate collaboration and communication through use of BIM from early preconstruction and design, to construction and operations. Assists with 2D drafting and 3D modeling on an as needed basis.
A successful candidate should possess an Engineering, Construction Management, or Architectural degree or background along with applicable field experience, outstanding computer skills, good communication skills and a willingness to learn.
TYPICAL RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Provides BIM-related solutions to resolve a variety of technical issues related to the use of Building Information Modeling (BIM) during both preconstruction and construction.
- Leader in the BIM process – leads and manages all BIM-related tasks as related to a specific project. Guides others, both Kinsley, and outside Architects/Engineers/Subcontractors in the BIM process
- Main point of contact for BIM-related tasks and facilitates a collaborative environment
- Open and constant communication with project team – PX, PM, PE, Architect, Engineers, Subcontractors
- Works with PX/PM to sets goals and expectations for BIM uses on a specific project. Motivates and drives subcontractors to meet these goals.
- Ensures all team members understand BIM requirements and deliverables
- Leads BIM related activities on a project level including but not limited to: site logistics, phasing, estimating, preconstruction, design development, shop drawings and fabrication, construction, and owner operations and facility management.
- Works with Project Manager to establish BIM/Coordination schedule and dates. Motivates and drives subcontractors to meet these dates.
- Acquires and distributes information as related to BIM in conjunction with the project schedule
- Facilitate problem solving or resolving issues through use of 3D models. Not responsible for making the actual decision – VDC Coordinator does not make architectural or engineering decisions.
- Sets up and leads meetings to discuss design, coordination, or constructability issues. Documents all activity – meeting minutes and saved models/drawings/PDFs
- Oversees development of 3D BIM models
- BIM Project setup – Execution Plan, Kick-off meeting, and schedule
- Combines trade specific models into one aggregate model for Design Review and Clash Detection using Autodesk Navisworks
- Reviews design and constructability through use of 3D models – while also incorporating 2D documents, specs, sketches, correspondents, etc. where applicable
- Coordinate Architectural, Structural, MEP(FP), and any other major trade or system, including but not limited to – medical gases, owner supplied equipment, clearance and access, site logistics, by use of 3D models and “Clash Detection”
- Create and distribute Coordination Drawings for a project. Coordination Drawings are a combination of subcontractor provided Shop Drawings all overlaid onto (1) drawing; drawings can be for field use, and/or Arch/Engineer approval. Coordination Drawings to be signed-off on by all trades. These drawings reflect on 2D plans what is in the 3D model.
- Implement use of BIM-related software, including but not limited to: Autodesk Revit, Autodesk AutoCAD, Autodesk Navisworks, Trimble Sketchup, etc.
- Estimating – Assist Estimators with “5D” information for estimating purposes
- Supports construction by working with field personnel – PMs, Superintendents, Foreman, Subs
- Provides direct hands-on training to internal staff on BIM-concepts, software, and workflows
- Provides technical support of BIM applications and processes to subcontractors
- Ability to work on multiple projects or tasks
- Assist with 2D drafting or 3D modeling
- Assist with Site Logistics or Phasing Plans
- Assist with Renderings, Videos, walkthroughs, etc.
- Creates “4D” Construction sequencing videos using the project schedule
- Follows the Kinsley BIM Standards
- Performs other duties as necessary
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Prior construction experience preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in a design, drafting, or construction related role
- 2-4 year post-secondary degree preferred
- General understanding of various building types and systems
- Understanding of design and document coordination
- Outstanding computer and software skills required
- Educational or hands-on experience with BIM software – AutoCAD, Autodesk Revit, and Autodesk Navisworks preferred
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Outstanding communication skills
Kinsley is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Females, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.Apply Now Submit a Resume