We are seeking an experienced Foreman for our growing Steel team. The Foreman provides the site leadership and is responsible for manpower and equipment planning, coordinating, supervising, ensuring safety measures are adhered to, the productivity of crews and meeting the project schedule. This position is classified as a working foreman, which means the candidate must be able to perform the same task(s) as required of Ironworkers.
The Foreman will report to the Superintendent. A successful candidate should have knowledge of materials, methods, and tools involved in steel construction, knowledge of safety, quality and cost control standards and experience successfully leading a crew.
TYPICAL RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Ensure safety precautions are followed
- Complete jobs on time and within budget
- Hold a documented site safety meeting on a weekly basis
- Complete a three-week look-a-head schedule on a weekly basis
- Attend all on-site project meetings (safety, quality, scheduling, production, etc.)
- Issue corrective action notices as required, to enforce company and/or project guidelines/policies
- Read specifications and blueprints to determine the locations, quantities, and sizes of materials required
- Ability to, at minimum, be able to speak and understand English in oral and written form
- Knowledge of proper rigging and signaling
- Knowledge of applicable and proper use for the following: transit, laser level, torpedo, torque guns, welders, gas supplied equipment, rigging and components
- Knowledge of AISC
- Establish and maintain effective and professional working relationships with those contacted during work
Kinsley is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Females, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.Apply Now Submit a Resume