Kinsley’s Steel division is seeking a driven and disciplined Fabrication Lead to join or growing shop in Richmond, VA. The Fabrication Lead is mainly responsible for providing leadership and support towards continuous improvement in safety, quality, and production in the fabrication area.
TYPICAL RESPONSIBILTIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Work with Shop Foreman and other department leads to determine and facilitate most efficient ways to meet production goals and delivery deadlines
- Directly supervise fitter and welders while demonstrating and enforcing commitment to all company, safety and quality policies
- Assign daily work instructions to fitter and welders as required
- Delegate and assign workloads to maximize production
- Assist fitters and welders with any fabrication related issues, such as: drawing concerns/questions, tips, techniques, safety, etc.
- Communicate with Shop Foreman and other department leads about meeting important deadlines and changes to schedules on a consistent basis
- Identify and report any issues including but not limited to, safety, quality, processes, materials, consumables, employees, etc.
- Coordinate and communicate with maintenance to proactively keep equipment in a working state
- Maintain a smooth workflow, clean and working environment area
- Lead and mentor employees to help them reach their full career potential
- Set clear and reasonable goals and expectations for employees, while giving and taking feedback to create an open communication relationship
- Work alongside with QC Department to ensure all AISC quality standards are met and maintained
- Assist Shop Foreman with various tasks including but not limited to interviewing prospective employees, performance evaluations, disciplinary actions, timecards, training new employees, and providing ideas and feedback to employee’s issues/concerns
- Perform other duties as required
- Must have knowledge of structural steel materials, welding, layout and fabrication, CNC fabrication equipment operation, and material handling
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience successfully leading a steel fabrication team
- Knowledge of safety, quality, and cost control standards is required
- Works in compliance with Kinsley’s safety policies and procedures
- Must be flexible to work any schedule needed including overtime and Saturdays as needed
Kinsley is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Females, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.Apply Now Submit a Resume