SUMMARY OF POSITION
We are seeking a driven and experienced Site Estimator for our growing team. The Estimator is responsible for reviewing plans and specifications, preparing detailed estimates and obtaining competitive pricing from material suppliers and subcontractors. Takeoffs to include soil and erosion control, bulk excavation and grading, sanitary sewer, storm sewer, water and fire lines, concrete curb, site concrete, asphalt paving and stone base.
A successful candidate should possess an Engineering or Construction Management degree or background along with applicable field experience, strong computer skills, good communication skills and a willingness to learn.
TYPICAL RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Review and comprehend plans and specifications
- Obtain competitive pricing from material suppliers and subcontractors as required
- Prepare accurate take-offs
- Thoroughly review subcontractor and suppler proposals for accuracy
- Perform site visits and attend prebid meetings
- Prepare detailed estimates and proposals
- Professionally communicate with owners, engineers and vendors
- Engineering, Construction Management or related degree is preferred
- Experience working with HCSS Heavy Bid, Bluebeam, AGTEK and MS Office is preferred
- Strong computer skills along with proficient written/verbal communication is a must
Kinsley is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Females, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.Apply Now Submit a Resume